We aim to work closely in partnership with parents as we wish you to feel well informed and involved in your child’s education. This enables us to provide the best education for your child.
Parents are invited to participate in the life of the school; for example by assisting in class, helping to prepare the fruits for break times, getting involved with the Friends of Four Lanes Schools to raise funds, or by becoming a parent governor.
We have a programme of activities to encourage your involvement with the school:
- New YR children and parents/carers have a home visit before starting school in September.
- Individual parent/teacher consultation meetings are held during the autumn and spring terms, when we share current targets for learning and provide feedback on progress.
- During the summer term we issue detailed written reports describing progress and next steps in learning.
- We provide weekly information about curriculum coverage in each class.
- During the autumn term we hold separate year group curriculum meetings which share how the curriculum is taught as well as assessment expectations. Dates for this year are: YR Wednesday 5th October, Y1 Wednesday 12th October and Y2 on Tuesday 11th October. All begin at 7pm.
- Events such as class or year group performances help us to share and celebrate the children’s learning.
- Our annual-parent-survey, which usually takes place during the summer term, ensures that they have the opportunity to provide valuable feedback, helping us to know what we do well, where we could do better and how we can improve.
- Ofsted has introduced a new website called Parent View which enables parents to share their opinions of schools by indicating whether or not they strongly agree, agree, disagree or strongly disagree with a set of key statements. The outcomes are used by Ofsted when they inspect schools. Click here to access Parent View.
If at any time you have any questions or concerns, please make an appointment to meet with your child’s teacher.